Move: Nicole's Number Hop

 Introducing the newest www.funmoms.org team member....
Click on image to learn more about Nicole.
You're gonna LOVE her! 
Here's the kind of stuff she's got up her sleeve: 
Nicole's Number Hop



My little girl is a toddler...and that means a lot of running, hopping and jumping on a daily basis! I love the energy of this age, but I wanted to think of a way we could use this energy to learn as well (I guess that's what happens when your mom is a teacher!). On one of my many trips to the dollar store I stumbled across what I believe are  supposed to be rubber hot pads...but all I could see was a fun floor game that could grow with my daughter. I  bought three packs of four and headed home to my Sharpie's! I wrote the numbers 1-10 on the little circles, and that was it!! 



They are perfect for hopping on! They don't slip because of the soft, rubbery surface and my daughter loves to jump on them. She even takes her baby dolls and has them jump on them (which is adorable I must say!). Since we have been playing with them, she has learned the numbers 1, 2, and 3! She was even able to bring me the number three when I asked her for it the other day. Most of the time though we just enjoy hopping all around the house on them...wait a second, did I say WE?  


In the future I am sure there are many more math-related games I can come up with for these inexpensive dollar store finds. 

Anyone care to share other ideas for these fun little circles?

4 comments:

Bev said...

Hello Nicole, nice to meet you! What a great idea - and a good tip, to go to the Dollar Store with eyes open for items that can be used to teach little ones. Loved this!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Brilliant!

nicole said...

Nice to meet you too Bev!! Love the site and feel so blessed to be able to be apart of it!!

FunMom said...

So excited to see what Nicole's up to with her sweet little girl! Thanks for sharing! :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010
Thanks for visiting!