Munch: Pull-n-Peel Play Cards



I've been trying to think of different ways for Landon to review his letters, numbers, and shapes...while having fun. So, yesterday I went to the candy aisle for inspiration. Always a good place to start...



Next, I cut 4 pieces of cardstock in half, and used a permanent marker to draw the images I wanted him to practice on the fronts and backs of the cards. This only took a few minutes. I made sure to mix in some pictures that were just for fun (though they are still great for working on eye-hand coordination), so that it wouldn't feel too much like a lesson.



And, what do you know...it worked!  Together we wrote out his whole name in Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers. It was fun! And then, he ate it. And then, he smiled. 
Mission accomplished. :)


Only 1 day left to enter yesterday's "Let's Cut Paper" Giveaway!! 
Please see post below for more details. 

10 comments:

Bev said...

There you go, another fun use for twizzlers, besides eating them on 1000 mile car trips, which is the usual time we eat them. Can't imagine a car trip without them, but I'll have to keep some on hand for the next time grandkids come to the lakehouse.

Jennifer said...

What a great (and delicious) idea! Thanks for sharing!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yummy idea!

Emily said...

That is such a cute idea.

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Drew would love this!!!

Olivia said...

I have some of those in the pantry! I'm going to try this; thanks for the idea! Maybe I'll use it as an activity for the car. Hmmm...
You are invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday party! We're looking back at old posts and giving away daily prizes. Come on over for some fun!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Jason and Gretchen said...

Great idea!!! I'll have to see if something like that will help my 3 1/2 year old learn to write his name better.

Michelle (lemonadegal) said...

What a perfect idea for a tactile learner - and super fun, too!

Amanda said...

In the classroom I used wiki sticks but they can get expensive. This is the perfect substitution and much more fun!

BTW, Did you get an email from me
?

Wilkie said...

Perfect! Thanks for the great ideas.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010
Thanks for visiting!