These are a yummy fall favorite in our family. The recipe is easy to follow, and there are several steps that are very kid-friendly. Landon and I just made a large batch of these tasty treats, and then tromped together through the fallen leaves to our neighbors' houses to deliver warm platefuls straight from the oven. Mmmm...we may need to make some more!
Ingredients (for 3 dozen cookies):
1 box spice cake mix
1 tsp soda
2/3 cup shortening
1 tsp ginger
3 Tbsp molasses
- Mix cake mix, soda, and ginger.
- Stir in eggs, shortening, and molasses.
- Beat til smooth (batter will be VERY thick).
- Cover and chill 1 hour before baking.
- Shape into balls...little hands are great for this!
- Dip top of each ball into sugar. This is Landon's favorite part.
- Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cookies flatten quite a bit during baking.
- Bake at 375' for 8 minutes.
- Let cool. Share with your little kitchen assistant!