No craft supplies on hand? No problem! For some spontaneous fun, help your little one make a box car train. Ours was free, and only took a few minutes to assemble.
toilet paper roll
scissors or exacto knife
1. Find several boxes of similar size.
2. Pick two boxes to be the engine (make sure one fits inside the other). Trace and cut out a hole for a smokestack (toilet paper roll).
4. Cut off the "windshield" (so that a conductor can fit in there), and then fold and tape the flap to the front of the engine.
5. Use a hole punch and string to tie the boxes to each other.
6. Decorate (we used crayons and markers) and fill with fun!