Okay. So it's not actually a milk carton. What can I say...we buy creamer in bulk. The birds don't care. In fact, they may actually be lured in by the lingering sweet smell of French Vanilla. Who knows? Either way, here's what you need for this project:
An Exacto Knife (or scissors)
A small stick
Paper plate (for easy paint clean-up)
Mod Podge (optional)
1. Cut a hole in the center of the carton (I used an Exacto Knife), and a smaller one right below (I used a hole puncher).
2. Help your little one paint the exterior of the carton.
3. While the paint is still wet, let your kiddo stick torn paper all over surface. It will stick without any extra adhesive.
4. Paint your stick.
5. Let dry (probably a couple of hours...my pickle tends to glob the paint on thick!).
5. Mama: When birdhouse is dry, apply Mod Podge to entire exterior. This will harden the surface and make the paper really adhere to the carton. It also will give it a more finished look.
6. Insert stick (perch).