Mid-Week Laugh

So, Landon and I were driving around a few days ago singing that old Sunday School song,

Count your blessings,
Count them one by one.
Count your blessings,
see what God has done.

Afterwards, not wanting to miss a teachable moment, I turned the volume way down, anticipating a deep, thoughtful, God-honoring conversation with my little boy. Excited to hear his answer, I said, "Buddy, what kinds of blessings, or special things, has God given you?"

I admit that I expected to hear sweet, endearing things. A list that would maybe sound a little bit like, 'Mama (named first, of course), Daddy, Smokey, my yard, my friends, etc.' So, imagine my surprise when, with a completely straight face, and not a moment's hesitation, he said instead, very confidently, "Muscles."

Sheesh! It starts young!

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010
Thanks for visiting!