This was not nearly as difficult as it looks. But every bit as FUN!
1. Start by finding a nice sunny spot.
2. Make shadow puppets. We did this by:
* Buying people-shaped popsicle sticks from Michaels (we added accessories). I bought these months ago, and was looking for a reason to pull them out! LOVE them!
* Hot gluing punch-out shapes (from construction paper packaging) to popsicle sticks.
* Making our own original shapes out of cardstock, and then gluing them to popsicle sticks.
3. Create your Shadow Show Stage.
*A comfy place to sit makes it more fun for everyone...
* I stretched a window shade around the table to make our screen.
4. And now on with the show!
* We played together, but also took turns telling stories. Talk about imagination!! Sheesh. He puts me to shame!
PS. Landon loved his "puppet shadows" so much he asked if we could "please, please play for just a few more minutes before bedtime." To do this we simply turned a light on behind us, got comfy on his bed, and used his headboard as our stage. Rather than reading him a book, I told him a spur-of-the-moment story about a pirate who couldn't find his treasure (cookies with rainbow sprinkles), and a dog that saved the day with his keen sense of smell. Sweet dreams guaranteed, right?! :)