Who is a FunMom?


"If I had my child to raise over again,
I'd fingerpaint more and point the finger less.
I'd do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I'd run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd teach less about the love of power, and more about the power of love."
-Diane Loomans

I've always loved this poem. I don't live up to it everyday, but I think about it often. There are days that motherhood seems anything but fleeting. I know. I've had those days too. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever go anywhere without baby wipes in my purse. I've decided they're the equivalent of a mother's duct tape. They're just too multi-purposeful to go anywhere without. But that's another platform...

The truth is though, the days when our little ones are in the safety of our own homes, and our own arms, are short. I believe in teaching manners, discipline, and responsibility. Don't get me wrong. My little guy knows what I expect, and what happens when those expectations aren't met. BUT, I refuse for my child and I to not enjoy the day-to-day moments of this stage. There's nothing special about me that makes me a FunMom. It's not a creative gene. It's not a great craft room. It's not a knack for planning or organization.
It's just a choice that I've made.

Who is a FunMom? Any mother that wants to be.

If you're ready to commit to being a FunMom, click the FOLLOW button in the sidebar.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010
Thanks for visiting!