I came across this festive little experiment a couple of weeks ago. Simply put, you should definitely make this with your kids!! It's easy. Cheap. Festive. Even educational! AND, your kids will probably think they have just about the COOLEST mom in the whole wide world! Because, of course, as you already know, they do! :)
Borax (found at KMart-$4.50/box)
Elmers Glue (8 oz bottle)
Food coloring (optional)
1. Empty glue into bowl.
2. Fill empty glue bottle with water (can add color too). Shake. Add to bowl.
3. Stir glue mixture.
4. Add 1 tsp of Borax to 1/2 a cup of water (separate container).
5. Stir Borax solution.
6. Slowly pour a little bit of the Borax solution into the glue mixture and begin stirring. Keep adding and stirring until desired consistency.
7. Ta Da! Now you have a polymer!
7. Store slime in air-tight container (after your kids have spent countless hours playing with it, of course).