Manage: Library Bin



I hate to lose things...especially when it costs me money!
Here's why I like this system for keeping track of library books:

* This particular bin is easy to find (Walmart). It's also very affordable (about $4.50 each). 

* My little boy can easily see and access all of his new books. This was my greatest frustration with previously using a library bag, satchel, or backpack.  

* The bin stores easily (it's designed to fit on a bookshelf), and is convenient for carrying around the house or library. 

* Best of all...The window in the bin allows me to keep track of what we've checked out and when they're due back. I use index cards cut to 2"x3". I also keep extra cards behind the one I'm using. Works great for us! 

Would this work for you? Do you have a different system? Please share!

6 comments:

Bev said...

Great idea, again! I can still use this with my library habit.

Anonymous said...

Currently, I'm using an "Envitote"- basically a tote with a shoulder strap so I can take it to the library, fill it with books, and leave them in it so all the kids can find them. We get a printed receipt listing all the books and their due date. That either stays in the tote along with the books, or if I'm really organized, I remember to clip it to the fridge! :-)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I agree that tote bags don't let kids "see" the books they have. Personally, I would love a big Longaberger basket for my library books, but I think I love the price tag on your bin much better!

Tiffany said...

Love the idea!

Sarah said...

We just have a huge basket in the great room for our books. Our library prints out a receipt listing all books, too, so that helps. We don't have library fines at all, so I'm always late--on the other hand, our old library did, and I was always late then, too! :)

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

This is a great idea! I use a tote bag now too and it is ugly sitting around! I need to get something cuter for our books! Thanks for this tip!
Courtney

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010

www.funmoms.org Est. May, 2010
Thanks for visiting!